Form N-600

Application for Certificate of Citizenship

What do you need?


(This fee applies even if you are filing as an adopted child or as a child of a veteran or member of the U.S. armed forces.) 

You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, cashier’s check or pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. 

When you send a payment, you agree to pay for a government service. Filing and biometric service fees are final and non-refundable, regardless of any action we take on your application, petition, or request, or if you withdraw your request. Use our Fee Calculator to help determine your fee.

Pay each filing fee separately. We are transitioning to electronically processing immigration benefit requests, which requires us to use multiple systems to process your package. Because of this, you must pay each filing fee separately for any form you submit. We may reject your entire package if you submit a single, combined payment for multiple forms.

Note:  There is no fee if you are a member or veteran of the U.S. armed forces, but you must submit proof of service.

Read our Paying Immigration Fees page for information on how to pay the fee.

You have two options for filing your Form N-600 with USCIS:

  • Online, using an electronic application form; or
  • By mail, using a paper application form.

1. Filing your Form N-600 online

If you are applying from outside the U.S., are applying for a fee waiver, or are a member or veteran of any branch of the U.S. military filing on your own behalf, you cannot currently file your Form N-600 online. Please see section 2 below for how to file your form by mail.

You must create an online account to file your Form N-600 online. Through your online account, you can:

  • Pay your filing fee;
  • Submit passport-style photos;
  • Check the status of your case;
  • Receive notifications and case updates;
  • Respond to requests for evidence; and
  • Manage your contact information, including updating your address.

Attorneys and accredited representatives can also create an online account, which will allow them to manage all of their clients’ applications in one place.

2.  Filing your Form N-600 by mail

If you file on paper, are applying from outside the United States, are a member or veteran of any branch of the U.S. military filing on your own behalf, or are applying for a fee waiver, you must mail your application to USCIS using one of the listed mailing addresses:

If you live in:Then, mail your form to:
  • Alaska
  • American Samoa
  • Arizona
  • Armed Forces – Europe
  • Armed Forces – Pacific
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
  • Guam
  • Hawaii
  • Marshal Islands
  • Micronesia
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico
  • Palau
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Outside of the U.S.

USCIS Phoenix Lockbox

U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

Attn: NATZ
P.O. Box 20100
Phoenix, AZ 85036

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

Attn: NATZ (Box 20100)
2108 E. Elliot Rd.
​​​​​​​Tempe, AZ 85284-1806

  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Armed Forces – America
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • District of Columbia
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Idaho
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • Puerto Rico
  • Rhode Island
  • South Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee
  • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming

USCIS Elgin Lockbox

U.S. Postal Service (USPS): 

Attn: NATZ  
P.O. Box 4088
Carol Stream, IL  60197-4088

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries: 

Attn: NATZ (Box 4088)
2500 Westfield Drive 
Elgin, IL 60124-7836

If you submit Form N-600 on paper, you will receive a USCIS Account Acceptance Notice in the mail with instructions on how to create an online account to track and manage your case. We will process your application even if you do not create an online account, but we encourage you to create and access your online account. We will continue to mail you copies of notifications about your case.


You no longer need to submit photographs with your application unless you are residing outside the United States, including military service members residing outside the United States. Applicants residing outside the United States must submit two identical, color passport-style photos.

If you reside in the United States, you will receive an appointment at a local application support center (ASC) to take your photographs.

This information has been compiled directly from the official USCIS website.

Our mission is to transform people’s lives by sharing what has worked in the lives of others who have created or grown their own businesses so they can move towards economic and personal success.

Contact us at

Copyright ©2024 | Inmigration Learning A2Z